Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Getting it done!

So, I got a bit sidetracked.  Anyone who knows me will not be surprised by that.  I am a GREAT, I mean AWESOME starter.  Finishing something is not so easy for me.  I can come up with an idea, get it going, enthusiastically get people on board and even do a bunch of the work myself.  I just am not good at directing other people to help, even when they keep asking me what they can do.  In short, I can't do this alone.  Fortunately, I have people in my life who ARE good at finishing.

This means, we are back in action thanks to my awesome friend Nancy Chadwick, my husband and The Crossroads.  400 Dresses is now partnering with The Crossroads and their Bugiri Water Well Project.  Both projects will direct funds to help the people of Bugiri 1 Uganda.  Two projects but one objective: Get Bugiri 1 Uganda fresh water as quickly as possible.  I am excited cause this partnership will speed the water well completion!

On November 13, we will be doing the Bugiri 1 Water Walk.  We will be simulating the walk that the people of Bugiri travel every day to get DIRTY water to bring back to their village.  With empty water jugs in hand, we will walk 3.5 miles from Koina Cafe to Sonic in Anthem, fill up the jugs with water and walk back.

We have other plans to get the money raised for the well.  We will still be selling the dresses, but the focus has now shifted from the dresses to the well.  In doing this, I believe we will actually be able to send MORE dresses to the girls of Bugiri 1.  People can buy a dress, sponsor a dress for a girl in Uganda or just donate money to the well project.  I will be having a sewing day where a bunch of us crafty ones can make a bunch of dresses.  Anyone want to organize that?  :)

For a downloadable INFOGRAPHIC on the project, Infographic ... Bugiri 1 Uganda.

1 comment:

  1. i like your effort on 400 hundred dresses its remarkable i always apreciate you on such post
    cheap designer wedding dresses

    ReplyDelete